The letter below is being sent to clubs around the country. Help us spread the word. We have great resources available for clubs who want to tackle racism. For more information go to www.theredcard.ie/fare
RE: Call for participation in Football against Racism Weeks-11th-25th of October
Dear Club Secretary,
The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) together with Show Racism the Red Card (SRTRC) are co-ordinating grassroots actions as part of the UEFA supported #FootballPeople actions weeks by FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe). Many of you may already be promoting respect for diversity and take a clear stance on racism in your club.
As part of the #FootballPeople fortnight, we would like you to consider:
Contact the clubs you are playing during the campaign period 11th -25th October, and explain to managers/mentors that your club/s is supporting the fare campaign by exchanging wristbands at the start of your match (es).
- Agree with opposition that players will exchange wristbands just prior to the start of the match and shake hands (Champions League style).
- Agree with mentors and managers that they will need to explain to players prior to the match (during warm ups) why your club is supporting this campaign.
- Take a photo of players exchanging wristbands and shaking hands-send this to email@example.com
- Use anti-racism signage cards for a group photo with all players. Display the anti-racism signage cards after use in prominent places in your club (clubhouse, changing rooms etc.).
What will be provided by the FAI and Show Racism the Red Card?
- 50 Show Racism the Red Card wristbands (underage clubs/teams or actions involving children).
- Anti Racism branded football
- 11 Show Racism the Red Card small A4 signage cards.
- Template text announcement and press release
How to express your interest to take part?
- You can apply for support through Show Racism the Red Card by completing the expression of interest form at theredcard.ie/fare by Friday 21st September
- We will then send you the resources needed in the week prior to 5th October.