Football Against Racism in Europe fortnight of action- 5-19th October 2017
Clubs at grassroots levels are invited to participate in the Football Against Racism in Europe fortnight of action this October 2017. The FARE fortnight is an opportunity for clubs in Ireland and across all UEFA affiliates from grassroots to Champions League level to promote respect for diversity and to make a stand against racism.
What you can do during FARE fortnight:
What we would like your club to do during fare week (for underage clubs/teams):
- Contact the clubs you are playing during the campaign period 5th -19th October, and explain to managers/mentors that your club is supporting the FARE campaign by exchanging wristbands at the start of your match (es).
- Agree with opposition that players will exchange wristbands just prior to the start of the match and shake hands (Champions League style).
- Agree with mentors and managers that they will need to explain to players prior to the match (during warm ups) why your club is supporting this campaign.
- Take a photo of players exchanging wristbands and shaking hands- send this through report submission below
- Use anti-racism signage cards for a group photo with all players. Display the anti-racism signage cards after use in prominent places in your club (clubhouse, changing rooms etc.).
For adult clubs/teams:
- Wear anti-racism bibs in your warm up so your support for the campaign is displayed visually and use anti-racism signage cards for a group photo with all players.
What we provide to support:
- 50 wristbands per club
- 11 SRTRC Red Cards
- Campaign bibs; if action involves adult teams
- Offer of Anti Racism workshop with volunteers or children (including focus on the FAI Anti Racism rule)
To get involved, please complete the expression of interest form and send. Friday 22nd September is the deadline. However an early submission of the Expression of Interest form is advised, as stock is limited.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org