Job Description – Education Development WorkerApplication is by Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28th January 2016 at 5pmCarmichael Centre for Voluntary Groups, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7T: 00-353 (0)863927650 E: email@example.com W: www.theredcard.ieCompany number: 365810 Charity number: 17360Job DescriptionJob Title: Education Development WorkerReporting to: Executive Director Hours of work: 24 hours/ 3 days a weekPlace of work: SRTRC office and out of office as required About Show Racism the Red CardThe purpose of Show Racism the Red Card is to harness the high profile of sport and sportspeople to combat racism. The organisation works to produce anti-racism educational resources, support anti-racism campaigns and educate young people through workshops, summer camps and coaching activities.Our mission is to challenge racism through:
- Offering educational and intercultural training and activities that support integration.
- Enabling role models – who are predominantly, but not exclusively, sportspeople – to present an anti-racism message to young people and others.
Our values are:
- Commitment to tackling racism and discrimination and to promoting diversity and inclusiveness.
- Understanding and respect for all ethnicities, nationalities, religions and cultures.
- Recognition of the rights of all individuals to mutual respect; acceptance of others without biases based on differences of any kind.
- Commitment to achieving best practice standards across all aspects of our work.
- Commitment to consistently conduct our operations with honesty and integrity and in compliance with all legal and ethical standards, together with established organisational policies.
Key tasks:Education Programme
- Delivering anti racism workshops to young people in schools and youth services
- Working with others to develop new educational activities
- Representing SRTRC at meetings where appropriate
- Helping with the organisation and delivery of SRTRC events throughout Ireland
- Administration around the post such as collating feedback and report writing
- Contribute to funding proposals
- Deliver anti racism training for those working with young people both in education and sport
- Deliver the Show Racism the Red Card ambassadors programme
- Deliver training to educators to help disseminate Show Racism the Red Card message
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as decided by Executive Director
Key outcomes:– Implementation of agreed programme of activities- Delivery of high standard workshops and events, which will educate and inform young people on anti-racism issues- Comprehensive feedback on outputs of the programme- Sustainable funding for the programmePerson SpecificationQualificationsEducated to degree level in a relevant disciplineExperience/ Knowledge–Knowledge of anti-racism and intercultural issues-3 years relevant experience in area of community, education, sports development-Experience in report writing and training/ workshop delivery-Competency in use of IT systems including MS Office and social mediaSkills and abilities-Ability to work on iniative and as part of a small team-Highly organised and motivated-Flexible working approach-Excellent written and verbal communication skills-Commitment to equal opportunities- Own car and full driving licenceCompensationCommensurate with experienceTerms1 year contract